Tuesday, March 22, 2011

5/365 - Another Semi-Blind Contour...

...I was done at work and thought I'd do a quick sketch before leaving...did it in 2-3 minutes...but my mind just wasn't into it.  It's okay.  I thought I would do another sketch when I got home but Joe whisked me off to go vacuum cleaner shopping and then out to dinner, so this is it for today.  But my motto is to keep this challenge simple.  I just want to do at least one drawing a day.  Even this picture is an excercise in "seeing" and that's what I want to get out of it.  More complex work can occur on the weekends, and this Summer when I have the time off.

2 comments:

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things said...

It works for me, as they say. Every little helps! (I'm already in awe of your landscapes, btw.)

Kim Lawbaugh said...

I hear you. My goal is not to set myself up for failure with this project. The landscapes must be from my other watercolor book...when I took a class with Molly Hashimoto last summer. I'm taking two classes with her this summer...more landscape...but this time out on the Oregon Coast. I'm really excited about that. I love her teaching style!