Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 14...

...the 5th week of Jane Lafazio's watercolor journal class and the theme is shoes.  Our first assignment is to use a watersoluble pen to sketch one and the waterbrush to shade with...I immediately thought of my mother's Harley Davidson boots that I asked to have when she died.  No, I don't have a Harley...instead I have a Yamaha Vino 125 scooter that suits me just fine.  But these boots embody her adventurous spirit, even though they are too small for my feet.  Mom!!!!!  You were only 61 when you died...way too young... you were only 19 years older than me!  This sketch is in memory of you!  I love and miss you...

2 comments:

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things said...

I like this boot! And it's such a cool memory. I'm sorry you had to lose her so young.

My mother was another such adventurous spirit, so I understand. She and I went skydiving when she was in her 80s, and I recently went ziplining with my 30-something son, partly to remember her...she'd have loved it.

Cheryl Razmus said...

Great drawing, kim. I was looking forward to the shoe lesson. It produced the most personal revelations in class. This is a sad, but wonderful journal entry. How lucky of you to have had a mom with an adventurous spirit. Good memories.