Saturday, January 22, 2011

Getting Inspired...

...by taking an online class - "Sketchbook and Watercolor - On Location" by Jane Lafazio which is sponsored through an art website Joggles.com  Each week we will be challenged with a theme and this week it was to sketch and paint a set of our keys.  This is what I came up with...

While this week's assignment was an at home project, the main purpose of the class is to challenge us to get out into our community and sketch and paint in public.  Next week our assignment is to go out to a coffee shop and sketch and paint.  This class is good for me because I shy away from sketching and painting in public and I want to get over this!!!!  I live in a wonderful town in a great part of the country and there is so much for me to go out and sketch and paint!

Meanwhile...here's my previous journal entry from a week ago.  I was inspired by the miscellaneous yard debris I found laying around.

No comments: