Saturday, January 29, 2011

Lafazio Week 2: Go out and Sketch/Paint in Public...

...our assignment is to go out to a coffee shop and sketch/paint anything that inspires us.  I can't decide which shop I want to go to so am considering doing a mini-sketch crawl of a couple of them.  I want to stick with the locally owned shops.  The ones I'm cosidering are the following:

Colville Stree Patisserie - a daily plethora of french desserts, locally roasted coffee, and students from Whitman College to choose from for my subject...

Walla Walla Roastery - a local micro-roastery with a small low key shop to hang out in.

Olive Marketplace & Cafe - locals and tourists alike hang out in this down town shop that not only serves coffee and desserts, but meals throughout the day

Coffe Perk - locally owned shop just around the corner from Starbucks and has not hurt from the competition!

1 comment:

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things said...

Mini-sketchcrawl? Super idea! We have a whole week, so you can do as many as you can fit in...and even stretch it over into the next week if you want.

I can hardly wait to see what you do!

Cheers!

Sue