Sunday, July 17, 2011

Idaho Vacation...

...We spent last week in the Sun Valley/Sawtooths region of Idaho - Spectacular country!!!!!  We stayed in Hailey, Idaho - 11 miles south of Sun Valley for a few nights and explored the area for a few days.  Then we headed north to Stanley, ID which is in the heart of the Sawtooths and stayed a night there before heading home the next day.  Lots of hiking and amazing scenery.  Next time we would like to base out of Stanley, a more rustic and real feeling town.
Joe and I on the trail to Baker Lake.

Sawtooths viewed from Stanley, Idaho

The motel view we plan to have on our next visit!


Below are the journal entries I did on the trip...





2 comments:

Cheryl Razmus said...

Hi, Kim. I see you have a tall one, too! So nice to finally see a photo of you.

What a great vacation. I will be heading West in August, but I know I won't be seeing quite as rustic country for the most part. I've never been to Idaho or Eastern Oregon, and must do that at some point.

I love your journal pages. I have yet to learn to do scenes like that (larger and simplified) and I need to start. I am thinking of taking a small Moleskine watercolor journal in a panoramic format so I could do single pages or long scenes. And it's small and would fit in a baggie with my travel paints.

Kim Lawbaugh said...

Thank you Cheryl. In a couple of days I am off to a watercolor workshop for a week on the Oregon coast at the Sitka Center for Art & Ecology...a place you should check out when you finally retire to the Portland area.

Let me know what you think of the moleskine journal when you get one.