Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sitka Center For Art & Ecology...

...On the central Oregon coast. I'm here for a week taking two watercolor classes with Molly Hashimoto. . No, I'm not a beginner, but I wanted to stay here for a week and never hurts to review techniques, especially with this being Plein Air. The intermediate class starts tomorrow, and we will be visiting the same areas, so I will have an opportunity to reexperience painting the areas, maybe from a different perspective. Then we will return the class in the afternoons, to paint a studio picture using our plein air pieces for reference. This will be something new for me.

Here are the paintings I did in her beginner class:



 ...and here are the journal entries in my new watercolor journal book...








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Kim,
I'm happy to hear you're loving your time here at the Sitka Center! If people would like to know more about us, they can visit our website at www.sitkacenter.org or our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/sitkacenter

Happy Creating!
Jalene