Monday, July 4, 2011

Let July Begin...

Here is the last page of the hand bound watercolor journal I made last Summer. Not too crazy about the painting...but it's all a learning process. I just finished making my new journal and this one is all hot press (Fabriano Artistico 140 lb.) and I'm not sure if I'll like only having hot press but it's easier to do ink drawings on and I may not always want to paint my drawings. It doesn't have as many pages as the book I just finished just in case I start to miss the cold press paper. My next journal may end up being a mix of hot and cold press papers.

And here is the first entry of my new hot press watercolor paper journal.  I just added flower boxes to the windows of my studio two weeks ago.  I love the brilliant red Mediterranean look of these geraniums!


1 comment:

Cheryl Razmus said...

Hi, Kim! I'm just having a breather between classes so I'm checking up on some blogs I've missed. I like that you are trying things you haven't done before. I think that's the only way we learn. After it sits for a while, I find I am less judgemental, or I fix it if I can, or I just move on. I am still deciding about paper, too. When I drew on the hot press in Jane's class it was easier to draw, but my preference is for the texture of cold press. There is something warmer and more romantic about it.